Avianca Lifemiles is currently offering a 15% transfer bonus when you transfer Capital One points to the LifeMiles program through September 30, 2023.
Under this campaign, members can transfer 1,000 Capital One Rewards points and receive 1,150 Lifemiles, including the transfer bonus (the 15% Bonus will follow a short while after the transfer).
Lifemiles – over the past year or so – has started to increase their partner transfer promotions in addition to their regular mileage sales in an effort to drive revenue.
If I remember correctly this Capital One Points transfer promotion was last available in late 2021 but has now made a comeback, allowing C1 cardholders to move their loyalty currency over to Lifemiles with a (rather small) bonus.
Transfer your miles from Capital One to LifeMiles, earn a 15% bonus and pack your bags for your next destinaton.
- How can you transfer your miles to LifeMiles?
- Log into Capital One
- Select your eligible Capital One Venture miles credit card.
- Click on “Redeem.”
- Select “Convert Rewards.”
- Select the Avianca LifeMiles option and then click “Transfer Miles.”
- Complete the transfer and enjoy your LifeMiles.
Interestingly, this campaign is only visible on the Lifemiles website and not on the Capital One site itself where you initiate the transfer.
It’s important to have a close eye on the value of the Capital One points post-transfer. Obviously, to use the miles for anything related to merchandise shopping after transferring them to Lifemiles wouldn’t make any sense whatsoever but for flights, it does actually represent just a small extra value with the 15% bonus, so not much of an allure to speculatively transfer any points.
Redeeming for a variety of Star Alliance premium awards is still a good deal with LifeMiles, especially since miles are available through sales and other campaigns on an almost constant level.
According to the T&C LifeMiles will post the 15% bonus within 24 hours of the transfer posting to the account. This is contrary to other transfer promotions such as Amex.
Keep in mind, however, that a points transfer from Capital One (or any program, really) to LifeMiles is final, and even if your trip gets canceled by yourself or your airline, these miles will never come back to C1 but will remain with Lifemiles.
The same goes for the program blocking availability or suddenly increasing the award chart. Lifemiles has proven itself not to be the most honest and reliable program over the years.
As such, you should have a pretty good idea of what to do with these points and preferably use them immediately after initiating the transfer over to a frequent flyer program of any kind.
Another LifeMiles bonus, this time for Capital One Rewards Points holders, might present a good opportunity to move some points with a small bonus IF there is a feasible plan to use them up sooner rather than later.
Also, remember that Avianca itself is still under bankruptcy administration, and nobody knows what the long-term impact of these proceedings will be on LifeMiles, which could undergo rapid changes (devaluations) at any point and without notice, as we’ve seen many times in the past.
These are the Terms & Conditions for this campaign:
- This Promotion is valid only for transfer points or miles from participating transfer partners (“LifeMiles Partners”) to miles of the LifeMiles program from September 15th, 2023 (12:00 AM GMT-6) to September 30th, 2023 (11:59 PM GMT-6).
- A minimum transfer of 1000 points is required.
- You must be previously registered as a LifeMiles member in order to participate in this promotion, you can sign up as a member at LifeMiles.com.
- During the promotion period, LifeMiles members who transfer miles into their LifeMiles account will receive 15% bonus miles on each transaction. The bonus miles and the transferred miles may be reflected in the LifeMiles account statement in two different transactions.
- LifeMiles earned by transferring and the bonus Miles earned with this promotion apply to obtain or maintain the LifeMiles Elite Status according to the rules of the Elite Program available at LifeMiles.com.
- Transferred LifeMiles as well as the bonus miles will be accrued no later than 24 hours after the LifeMiles Partner reports the request of miles transfer.
- LifeMiles is not responsible for miles not accrued, accrued mistakenly or accrued late due to report errors or delays from the LifeMiles Partners.
- Once points or miles are transferred to LifeMiles, the transaction cannot be reversed.
- Upon completion of the transfer, Terms and Conditions of the LifeMiles Program apply, available at LifeMiles.com.
- Terms and conditions of the Capital One rewards program apply.
- LifeMiles is a trademark of LifeMiles LTD.